Our Soil. Our Water. Our Community.
- Work with local farmers to maximize their economic potential
- Serve local food at local restaurants by expanding Farm-to-Table opportunities
- Preserve farmland in Durham County for future generations
- Support and fund stream restoration and stormwater projects
- Work with landowners to improve community conservation efforts
- Work to increase state funding for programs that preserve and conserve our water
- Fight for a better Farm Bill and preserve SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- Partner with local schools to provide educational and training programs to get students excited about the environment and STEM.
- Strengthen and expand Durham County’s Bionomic Educational Training Center (BETC) Program
- Support and expand our local Farmer’s Markets